Mandates and Functions
1. Initiate and articulate policy ideas for growth and development of Cottage and Small Industries (CSIs).
2. Formulate CSI development policy to encourage the growth of CSIs and advice the government on fiscal and monetary issues related to CSIs.
3. Work in concert with other institutions in both public and private sector to create a good enabling environment for business in general, and CSI activities in particular.
4. Stimulate the development of the CSIs through creation of enabling environment, provision of business development services, facilitation of development programmes and support services.
5. Identify business opportunities on the basis of supply and demand gap, environmental scanning and linkages.
6. Conduct sector studies and analysis for sector development strategies.
7. Improve access to financing through the financial institutions as well as guarantee mechanisms.
8. Promote and facilitate access to industrial infrastructure such as layouts, incubators, clusters and industrial parks.
9. Set up and manage service provider’s database including machinery suppliers for CSIs.
10. Facilitate transfer of technology and best practice in management and operations.
11. Disseminate vital information and skills to CSIs by conducting and facilitating seminars, workshops and training programmes.
12Intermediate between the CSIs, Governments and the Private Sector.
1. Formulate a comprehensive policy framework comprising of specific interventions and support measures for CSIs including their implementation modalities.
2. To develop necessary institutional and regulatory framework for the growth and development of CSIs.
3. To conduct sector studies and analysis for sector development studies including a region specific resource inventory to identify the areas of opportunities for CSIs in different parts of the country.
4. Conduct business investment opportunity studies.
5. Preparation of project proposals for donor support.
Enterprise Development Division
1. To promote the establishment of Cottage and Small industries, including cultural industries.
2. Development of infrastructure for CSI.
3. Skills development training programme for artisans.
4. Development, value addition and facilitate marketing of CSI products.
5. Incubation space and end to end services through Startup Center.
Small Business Promotion Division
1. Liaise with RTIOs to improve business development service delivery.
2. Receive, appraise, and processing of CSI proposals (except FDI) for approval.
3. Maintenance of documentations and statistics on CSIs.
4. Provide advisory and support services to walk-in-clients.
5. Coordination and support services in respect of CSIs (for e.g. Import license, Visa related, Taxes issues/incentives, Currency, Industrial estate & Service Centers etc.)