- To generate multiplier effect of rural entrepreneurship by providing self-employment, new job opportunities, utilization of local resources and skills, raise income level, alleviate rural poverty and foster sustainable economic growth.
- To upgrade the level of technology and embrace modern efficient technology and enhance competitiveness.
- Production and manufacturing industries
- Essential service industries depending on merit of the case (under-developed Dzongkhags).
- Existing as well as new start up industries, Cooperatives and groups that have viable business proposal.
- Applicant shall be eligible for only one time grant.
Amount of Grant:
- The grant amount shall not exceed Nu. 300,000 (Ngultrum three hundred thousand only) per applicant.
- New Startups at the Startup Center: The grant shall cover 90% of the cost of equipment/machinery or Nu.300,000 whichever is less.
- Both Existing/New CSIs outside of Startup Center: The grant shall cover 80% of the cost of equipment/machinery or Nu.300,000 whichever is less.
- Suitability of the business to a particular location.
- Availability of local resources.
- Export Potential of finished product(s).
- Potential for import substitution
- Required skill possessed by the applicant to operate the business
- Employment generation
- Priority Sector as per the CSI Flagship program.