- Similar to developing and promoting production and manufacturing industries in the country, it is also necessary to develop basic service industries in places where essential services are lacking.
- For instance, basic services such as haircutting, tailoring, photo studio, repair of electrical and electronic items, plumbing, mobile phone repair services, shoes repair services are still lacking in most of the gewogs and Dzongkhags.
- The Essential Service Scheme (ESS) is to establish essential services in Dzongkhags/ Gewogs/ Satellite Towns through provision of support services – Seed fund in the form of machinery/equipment/tools/ skills trainings to provide the essential services.
- Essential service industries identified by the Dzongkhag/proposed by individuals through the Dzongkhag;
- Start-up industries in rural areas;
- Preferences shall be given to skilled youths, TTIs graduates, groups and associations willing to establish and operate business in their own Dzongkhag.
The grant amount shall not exceed Nu. 200,000 (Ngultrum two hundred thousand only) per application.