Bhutan Enterprise Award
The Department of Cottage & Small Industry, Ministry of Economic Affairs has instituted the Bhutan Enterprise Awards in the year 2013. Since then, seven Bhutan Enterprise Award (BEA) was held from 2013 till 2019 on an annual basis. As of 2019, a total of 27 CSIs were supported through the award. The Department rewarded with cash prizes for the winners. For BEA- 2020, the Department is awarding cash prize of Nu. 200,000 each for the winners.
The award categories are:
1) Cottage-Scale Entrepreneur of the Year,
2) Small-Scale Entrepreneur of the Year,
3) Rural Entrepreneur of the Year,
4) Woman Entrepreneur of the Year), and
5) Service (IT & ITES) Entrepreneur of the Year.
The main objectives of instituting the awards are:
• To create greater awareness and interest in self-employment;
• To reward and recognize the contribution of cottage and small industries to the socio-economic development of the nation: and
• To recognize the role of entrepreneurship in the society.
CRITERIA AND DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE ENTERPRISE AWARD 2020
I: Basic Minimum Criteria for Application
The application should have:
• Been in profit for business organization for at least a year
• Registered the business in his/her name
• The business in operational status
• Should not be a subsidiary of another company or industry
• An applicant cannot apply for more the two awards. In the event that an applicant wins both awards, he or she will be considered only for the higher category of award.
• Past award winners cannot apply for the award
II: Required Documents
• Business License copy
• Self-declaration statement confirming that the applicant does not have any case in the court related to the business and financial institutions (forms part of the application)